Thursday, December 09, 2004

What I Believe...

I believe we need leaders who will take a stand for what is right for America first, then when we have our house in order we will be more fit to help the rest of the world.

How do we do what is right? Depends on where you stand.

This is what I believe.

I believe we should get our troops out of Iraq. Do we really need to have more Americans killed so Halliburton and others can make their fortunes off of the blood of Americans? We got into that mess under false pretenses and the justification had more holes than my son's socks. Let's get out of Iraq and while we're at it, let the Saudi Royal family fend for themselves. Let's get our troops out of Saudi Arabia.

I believe we need to decrease the deficit and pay as you go.

We need to remove the tax cuts from everyone. I don't know about you, but mine was so small, I didn't even realize I got a tax cut.

Maybe someone can set me straight on this next one because I'm not sure if my info is correct. I think social security has a salary cap of about $89,000. Any amount you earn more than that you don't pay into social security. Is that right or am I totally misinformed? Anyway, if I'm correct, then we need to raise the salary cap to collect more money for the program.

After we pull out of Iraq, we could use some of the money to finance research into a new fuel source and natural power (sun, wind, water). We could also give tax breaks for converting to solor or wind power.

We could also use money from Iraq and the money from the tax cuts to fund education and health care.

Increase fines on polluters.

Give tax breaks to employers who keep jobs in the U.S.

Tax all imports to match the cost of manufacturing in the U.S. This tax could be used to pay the sweatshop workers what they should be paid.

Pass legislation to make unionizing easier.

Increase the number of police and firemen.

Increase security at ports, nuclear & chemical plants, and beef up our border patrols and technology.

But one of the main things I believe we need to do, and we won't be able to do it with our current system because most of the politicians have debts to pay for the campaigns they ran, what we need to do is pass the line item veto. The only way to do this is to remove everyone in power with a representative or senator from the American Party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home